Our Ref: FOI/0041/06/BC
Dear Ms Dunne
With reference to your request dated 27th March 2006 asking:
1. What was the information received at 9 am?
2. What time did the injured arrive at BTP HQ?
3. At what time was the whole area cordoned off?
4. Were any of the injured brought to the BTP HQ from the bus?
I can supply the following information in respect of your questions:
1. At exactly 0900hrs BTP have a logged call about the explosion that occurred on the underground train near Aldgate.
2. The casualties started to arrive at BTP HQ about 20 minutes after the first reports, at approximately 0909hrs.
3. I am afraid that BTP are unable to supply this information as it is not held as prescribed by Section 1 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Whilst three of the explosions happened on the underground network, the explosions occurred within the policed Metropolitan Police district and accordingly MPS put the cordons in place. For an exact time would you have to make a request to them. You can make your request to them by using their Freedom of Information application form at http://www.met.police.uk/information/metric/index.htm or if you wish BTP can forward your request onto them
If you have any queries regarding the above information please do not hesitate to contact me.
Brian Coleman BA, MSc
Freedom of Information Manager
On 9th April I asked Mr Coleman the following:
Dear Mr Coleman
Thank you for the reply to my FOI request ref: FOI/0041/06/BC.
Could you tell me :
Were the casualties that were brought to the BTP HQ at approx 9.09 am from the train between Russell Square and Kings Cross?
Yes, I would like you to request from the MPS at what time the area was cordoned off.